Science at Sartori
Curious to know what science standards look like at Sartori Elementary? Please read our 2019-2020 science standards for K to 5 education.
- Kindergarten Science
- Grade 1 Science
- Grade 2 Science
- Grade 3 Science
- Grade 4 Science
- Grade 5 Science
Science Domains: Earth, Life, & Physical Science
Earth Science: Local Weather
- Where do puddles come from? Where do they go?
- Where do puddles happen? What do you notice?
Foundations in Computer Science
- Creating simple algorithms
- Identifying basic computer hardware
Physical Science: Force and Motion
- What makes things move? How can something little move something big?
Life Science: Habitats and Survival
- How do living things get what they need?
- Analyzing how animals engineer shelters
Students explore engineering problems and investigate possible solutions in the context of their science units.
Systems, Inquiry, and Application:
Students work on developing science practices, such as:
- Expressing science thinking using pictures, arrows, color, and labels with words and phrases
- Explaining ideas to a partner and to their teacher in writing and speaking
- Making observations and gathering evidence from text and video